Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shuddering wiper blades
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
Jimby
Just bought new KA Zetec and had Pure Guard Treatment. Wiper blades shuddering in light rain from day 1 and also after washing down blotches all over the body work and windows. These then take quite a rub with warm leather to remove.

Garage not replied after 3 phone calls. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers
mick
delboy
SOUNDS LIKE THEY DID NOT PREP THE CAR PRIOR TO THE TREATMENT
& THEY DONE THE SCREEN ASWELL 7 THAT SHOUKLD NOT HAVE BEEN DONE

TO REMOVE IT TRY SOME VINEGAR MIXED WITH WATER
10& VINEGAR
USE IN ON SOME NEWSPAPER & APPY WITH A MISTER THEN
GIVE GOOD RUB WITH THE PAPER.

I WOULD TAKE CAR BACK TO GARAGE & COMPLAINE & GET IT SORTED
Jimby
[quote name='delboy' post='44757' date='Sep 28 2009, 08:15 PM']SOUNDS LIKE THEY DID NOT PREP THE CAR PRIOR TO THE TREATMENT
& THEY DONE THE SCREEN ASWELL 7 THAT SHOUKLD NOT HAVE BEEN DONE

TO REMOVE IT TRY SOME VINEGAR MIXED WITH WATER
10& VINEGAR
USE IN ON SOME NEWSPAPER & APPY WITH A MISTER THEN
GIVE GOOD RUB WITH THE PAPER.

I WOULD TAKE CAR BACK TO GARAGE & COMPLAINE & GET IT SORTED[/quote]

Wondered that myself and taking car back first thing in morning with no warning. Also picked car up at 11 and it was just being finished treated. Not sure how long that should take.
Jimby
[quote name='Jimby' post='44763' date='Sep 28 2009, 08:45 PM']Wondered that myself and taking car back first thing in morning with no warning. Also picked car up at 11 and it was just being finished treated. Not sure how long that should take.[/quote]

Almost sorted out. They agreed it wasn't done properly after trying a new set of wiper blades and same problem. They also let slip out that the valeteer had since left and a new one employed ex BMW trained.

So Thursday they will clean it all up and do it properly and I'll have a word about some compensation for the inconvenience.

Mick

Full Colour Version: Shuddering wiper blades
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615