Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ka won't start
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
domerj
Wifes ka turn ignition key hear fuel pump then nothing,she called the AA out he just bumpstarted it. said it could be startermotor but no clicking rocking in gear makes no difference.
Could it be imobiliser/relay problem?
Turn ignition on imobiliser light on clock goes out but nothing dead any ideas??
delboy
try putting the battery on charge
if it bump starts then it's not the immobiliser.

get it going & give it a good drive about without lights or radio on
then stop the car turn off (do outside house)
then re-start it
if it dont start then i would check relays or remove battery & replace it or charge it overnight
sounds like battery to me m8.

had same a while back
domerj
[quote name='delboy' post='44883' date='Sep 29 2009, 08:03 PM']try putting the battery on charge
if it bump starts then it's not the immobiliser.

get it going & give it a good drive about without lights or radio on
then stop the car turn off (do outside house)
then re-start it
if it dont start then i would check relays or remove battery & replace it or charge it overnight
sounds like battery to me m8.

had same a while back[/quote]
thanks delboy recharged battery but still wont start heard theres a couple of relays under the bonnet anyone know there location?
stef123
start by checking the connections on the starter motor, sounds like it might be the exciter wire. its the very thin wire that connects to the solenoid.

i would also check you get a voltage on the exciter wire when you turn the key to start the car.
mintalkin
also check the ignition relay

Full Colour Version: ka won't start
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.