Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus wheel bearings
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
silinman
I bought a 2004 used Focus LX TD DI last November and have been very pleased with my purchase. About 3 weeks ago I became aware of a regular speed related binding noise from the rear, and my local garage said I needed a new wheel bearing.

This was done at a cost of around 120 and all was well, except this week I have noticed a similar noise coming from the front - the same garage now tells me that one of the front wheel bearings is now going.

Is this a known problem with this model, or am I just unlucky, and should I have the other two bearings changed at the same time?

TIA
HeadShoT2009
What brand wheels do you have as my lecturer at college used to be a ford mechanic and he sed that a certain brand of tyres do it as they are not perfectly round. And recomened michillien tires
silinman
Interesting thought! The front tyres are Accieieta and the rear are Energy, 195/60/R15 on alloys.

Full Colour Version: Focus wheel bearings
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.