Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Management Light
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
James Atkin
Hi All,

I have a Ford Ka 1.3 2003 which was starting to run a bit roapy when it got warm - occasionally missing.
I have just replaced the leads and plugs and it now sounds lovely - problem is, the Engine Management light came on after these were replaced!
How can I reset it? I bought a USB VAG-COM type interface some time back for an older car and it appears to be the same connector. I have researched around on the web and it looks like there are at least 3 different communications standards for that style connector!
Any idea if I can use this to diagnose the fault / reset it? I was given an old version of VAG-COM some time back, but it only appears to deal with VW/Skoda/Audi/Seat.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks,

James
aquila
My local garage reset mine for 20,after I fitted a new exhaust ;)
James Atkin
Hi,

That is an interesting thought...

btw, I have tried disconnecting the battery for over 1 hour - no luck :-(

Interestingly enough, the change of the leads/plugs has certainly fixed the problem - drives lovely now!

There are rumors that it is possible to reset the ECU using the ignition key??? This really does seem far to useful to be true ;-)

Full Colour Version: Engine Management Light
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.