Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello, any one help
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
brikhead
First post, please be gentle!!!

Hello.
I have in my possesion a Ford Cougar, T registered, silver, 200,000 miles.
lucky me, you might say. Any way it's an automatic but the transmission is shot, the car does still move, sometimes!
The engine sounds amazing but there is an oil leak (crank seal I think (I 'aint no mechanic though!))

The car is complete with no damage apart from a chipped windscreen.
There is very little wear on the interior considering the mileage, it's surprising, I have a Vectra (sshhh, dont tell any-one) thats done half the mileage, but the interior has'nt stood up half as well.

I did try to register on cougar.com, my account is still inactive after about a week, so here I am.

Any way, what should I do with the car, sell it as it is, strip it for parts, fix it?

If I repair it, will an engine and transmision from a mondeo v6 fit??

What do you people think the car is worth now and back on the road??

Thank's in anticipation.
Steve
thats alot of work needed, plus high mile engine.. could open a can of worms.

I think breaking for spares would be the best option.
ColinFord
No. No one can help you now. :)
Rikos
I agree with steve, breaking is your best option....... i can help i'll bring my sledge hammer round :D
vinnyvangough
Break it for definate. Cougar parts are hard to come by so i should think there is a fair bit to be made by breaking it.
Secret_Stig
Def break it, you'll porbably make more from the parts than the car, you'll spend alot of money on parts and find you wont make much back

Full Colour Version: Hello, any one help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.