Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Ka, Nightmare :(
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
sky pilot
Having just left the Army i wanted a car that would help me get around, I bought a ford ka S reg (1998) and its had to have 550 worth of new break pads, new front bushes, suspection arms, oil sump, oil pump :? because the used car sales man didnt pass me on the advisory slip :(

Any way, I need help because the garage didnt see it as a problem but on both rear wheels (the springs i think) i ear a squeeking noise when ever the car goes over a bump or corner, its not the spare wheel its definatly those springs or that area. Any ideas? My DW40 didnt work..

The other point is on the bonit i made the mistake of waxing the car to find it just brought up loads of little paint flaking patches, do you think a paint pen from halfords would help or do i need a professional (and expensive :( spray) ...
Matt_focus_zetec
Push down on the N/SR Quarterpanel and the same for the O/S/R Quarter panel tosee if you get the same squeek noise porbably just old springs to befair but best to do that quick check first

cheers

matt
sky pilot
Yeah i dont get the noise only when im driving, Do you think they will be expensive to replace? Thanks Dean
irononreverse
[quote name='sky pilot' post='46166' date='Oct 13 2009, 11:14 PM']Yeah i dont get the noise only when im driving, Do you think they will be expensive to replace? Thanks Dean[/quote]

I'm not sure if this might help but on some of the newer ford fiestas, the squeak in the back are coming from the latches for the rear seats. I don't know if you can pull the seats down in the ka but try driving around with them down to rule them out.

Full Colour Version: Ford Ka, Nightmare :(
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.