Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coolant
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
nathdonn
the coolant in my 2006 2.0 tdci is an orangey/pink colour. Can i assume that with the colder mornings coming in that i have a strong enough concentration of anti freeze in there? Or should waste money and buy a tester?

cheers
Big Bob
[quote name='nathdonn' post='45876' date='Oct 11 2009, 02:17 PM']the coolant in my 2006 2.0 tdci is an orangey/pink colour. Can i assume that with the colder mornings coming in that i have a strong enough concentration of anti freeze in there? Or should waste money and buy a tester?

cheers[/quote]
There is probably someone about who will check it for you FOC, but [u]do[/u] get it checked, colour is a rough guide only. When I was a lad we used to test it by taste :o do not try this, it is poisonous and not a good guide.
I'm not sure about present recommendations for your car, but it is usually to have A/F changed every 2 years, has yours been changed? I believe this is more related to anti corrosion properties than anti freeze properties.

Full Colour Version: Coolant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.