Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: intermitant engine firing
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
gudgo1
I have got a 03 mondeo 1.8 zetec and when I am on a long journey the engine will miss fire when I slow down. It wil run very smoothly along the motorway but on the normal road after the run it feels like its firing on 3 . So I stop turn the car off and back on and it runs as sweet as a nut then. The engine management light will come on sometimes afterwards but goes away two days later.
Milezz
[quote name='gudgo1' post='46152' date='Oct 13 2009, 09:34 PM']I have got a 03 mondeo 1.8 zetec and when I am on a long journey the engine will miss fire when I slow down. It wil run very smoothly along the motorway but on the normal road after the run it feels like its firing on 3 . So I stop turn the car off and back on and it runs as sweet as a nut then. The engine management light will come on sometimes afterwards but goes away two days later.[/quote]

this can be many things
1 could be the fuel isnt getting through properly, try redex diesel or petrol whatever your fuel type
2. gastkets but this is rare
3. HT lead faulty, try Halfords =]
4. spark plug faulty, once again halfords,
5. igniton system, worst case senario take to a garage

Full Colour Version: intermitant engine firing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615