Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Wheel Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Njck
My mate has a ford focus, the steering was fine til yesterday. Theres slack at random times sometimes i feel like i have grip on the wheel then all sudden it goes loose and will pull me to the side briefly then be fine again, if i slow down seems to get better any idea what could be?

Thought i'd ask here for him since he wants a fast answer and would need to waitfor admin to confirm registration, appreciate it
mintalkin
first thing to check is the power steering fluid level, also check for any sign of a leak in the system.
Njck
[quote name='mintalkin' post='46549' date='Oct 18 2009, 03:02 PM']first thing to check is the power steering fluid level, also check for any sign of a leak in the system.[/quote]
First thing he did, no leak and fuid is medium level
gaz6076
What exactly do you mean by 'slack'?

Does the steering wheel stay in place and the wheels staighten up? Or does it just feel loose?

If it was the first then I would guess a faulty steering rack or column. If the later then the bolt holding the steering wheel to the column could of came loose

Full Colour Version: Steering Wheel Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.