Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TDCi owners help. What is r.p.m at idle
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
tdci stevie
Just want to know if theres a set r.p.m at idle on the 2.0 TDCi went at engine running temperature.... is it 750, 800 or 850 rpm
mintalkin
anything between 750 and 850 is normal.
tdci stevie
Mine runs between 750-800 but has got like a hunting problem and the revs can drop as low as 716 rpm as recorded on my diagnostic live data record.
Im getting a few people say use premium fuel but which is best and will it cure my problem ?
Esso - B.P - Shell...?
And is supermarket fuel that bad as they say to be causing me these problems? ive heard that supermarket fuel has no detergent in it and it causes waxing on the injectors...?
And views/opions most welcome
BLUEOVAL09
The Haynes manual says the 115bhp is 800 rpm and the 130bhp at 750 rpm, hope that helps mate
tdci stevie
Right have put a 500ml bottle of wynns injector cleaner in today when it was low fuel so its more concentrated, give it a blast up the motorway and put 20 of shell extra diesel in, will see what happens (hopefully cures problem as so many suggest), will post findings

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615