Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colour coded bumpers
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
sky pilot
Hi guys, Just wanted to give some advice about these,
Some used car dealers are respaying the bumpers to get some extra money for the car. They could be black or match the car colour like mine. If the bumpers have been check them out.
Iv just had to pay to have my whole Ka respayed after the resprayed bumpers paint peeled off, because the idiots didnt prime the paint. And they also attempted to match the bumpers to the qauter pannels.

So check the paint work, all around them, look on the top of the car/doors for paint fade (i.e red may turn pink) and flaking. Looking around the petral cap, under the number plates would be a good idea.
Jcoventry
If we are telling people where to look on a used Ka (apart from bumpers), try looking at the door sills, both from the top and underneath - these rot through in the worst cases. Other areas where the bodywork is often bad is around the petrol filler cap, various parts underneath. Check the driver and passenger footwells for any moisture - older Kas that haven't been repaired can leak into these areas. Also check the very bottom of the doors from the inside (with the door open of course) - people often forget to clean down the bottoms of doors properly, leading to excessive corrosion. Also check for rust under the rear wiper. Pay particular attention to the condition of the underside as well.

I've probably missed lots of key areas to check, but those are the main ones I think. But really, you should be checking every centimetre of the car if you want to check it properly.

Full Colour Version: Colour coded bumpers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.