Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Code for Radio 4000
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jo g sh
Hi all, my nephew has just bought a 52 focus but the radio is locked, i need the code if any one can help the serial number is M 286406. Also if the radio is locked would he need to leave the radio on for a hour to unlock it , Thanks for any help
Danno7
Try 7554
mintalkin
is it locked 10 or locked 13, if ots locked 10 there is a sequence you can go through to enable 3 more attempts at entering the code a quick search on the net and you should find this, if its locked 13 back to the dealers.
jo g sh
Hi thanks for the replies. The plot thickings i found a link on how to unlock (locked 10) the radio but it says use the red key. The only keys he got with the car were a blue key and a remote key with no colour , i tried both keys in the ignition but it was unsucessful. So my next question is how many keys should there be with the car, again thanks for any help
jo g sh
Doing more search on how to unlock a locked 10 radio 4000, i found a other link on how to unlock it i will try it tonight and see how i get on,
jo g sh
Thanks guys both your suggestions worked unfortunately the radio seems knackerd the volume button doesnt work, but thanks anyway
artscot79
[quote name='jo g sh' post='47570' date='Oct 28 2009, 11:17 PM']Thanks guys both your suggestions worked unfortunately the radio seems knackerd the volume button doesnt work, but thanks anyway[/quote]

for a 2000- focus 2 keys the remote key and a blue chip key which is a newer version than the old red key set up the blue one is for reprogramming the ecu it holds all the info on it so having a spare is always a good idea but 2 keys
jo g sh
Thanks artscot79 for the info about the keys, ive found another few things about the car since he bought it, The n/s/f dipped headlight bulb has gone when I went to change it I removed the headlight and found these pins holding the silver reflector in place, looks like they are there to aim the reflector beam as the headlight hasn't got a motor for the beam, the headlight has been changed at some point and I wonder if there was a focus model which came without the motorised beam as the o/s/f headlight has a motor fitted to it .
artscot79
[quote name='jo g sh' post='47784' date='Oct 31 2009, 03:55 PM']Thanks artscot79 for the info about the keys, ive found another few things about the car since he bought it, The n/s/f dipped headlight bulb has gone when I went to change it I removed the headlight and found these pins holding the silver reflector in place, looks like they are there to aim the reflector beam as the headlight hasn't got a motor for the beam, the headlight has been changed at some point and I wonder if there was a focus model which came without the motorised beam as the o/s/f headlight has a motor fitted to it .[/quote]
i8 think the very basic models came without ide go to a scrappy and get the motorised one and put it in the clips are to adjust the headlight reflector so a t some point hes replaced that light
jo g sh
[quote name='artscot79' post='47871' date='Nov 1 2009, 05:25 PM']i8 think the very basic models came without ide go to a scrappy and get the motorised one and put it in the clips are to adjust the headlight reflector so a t some point hes replaced that light[/quote]

i was going to go today to a scrappy but it was to wet lol.

Full Colour Version: Code for Radio 4000
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.