Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scotland meet - Interest
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Ford Owners Club Meets & Regional Discussion > Scotland
Gazjs
As the topic says people. Mark down if you would be interested and we can arrange dates e.t.c after this point.
MsMashed
Plans?
Gazjs
[quote name='MsMashed' post='47694' date='Oct 30 2009, 10:04 AM']Plans?[/quote]
I thought we could arrange possible places and dates etc once we have seen if the interest would be high enough, as no point in going into too much depth at this point to find interest to be very low. I think we should leave the interest poll running until after the weekend and take things further from there?
Gazjs
6 people, looking good so far, hopefully can tempt a few more before plans are made.
Would be good for the members who have shown an interest if they could put forward some ideas for the preffered location for the meet, along with the area in which they come from so we can best suit everyone attending.
Thanks again
Blackwhite
To be honest I have no idea where - I don't know good places for our meeting.
But tell me when and where and I'm in.
Auldtam
I'm also a member of a Volvo forum and we sometimes meet at Strathclyde Park which has easy access to M74, M8 & A80.. theres always plenty of room and plenty to do there. Theres even a motel and caravan park onsite if your travelling a long way...Worth a thought!
wellzy
i'd be interested depending on dates.
soulfly
[quote name='Gazjs' post='47645' date='Oct 29 2009, 05:45 PM']As the topic says people. Mark down if you would be interested and we can arrange dates e.t.c after this point.[/quote]
Hiya, id be interested in a meet as ive never been to one before, iv got a 93 Scorpio 2.0 auto, done a few things to it so far not big jobs but needed doin, check out the pics in the gallery if you like, keep us informed as to possible meet, would be good.
Gazjs
The interest shown is very encouraging,
I am guessing that with Christmas coming up people will be busy over the next month or so, so I was thinking on holding the meet after Christmas.
Are there any objections to this/eager people?

As to the location .... the Strathclyde park idea is very good, although the theme park will be closed until around March, i notice there are many other things open throughout the year ..

[url="http://www.scotlandsthemepark.com/ridesattractions/familykids/adventuregolf.html"]Crazy Golf[/url]
[url="http://www.scotlandsthemepark.com/ridesattractions/indoor/cosmicbowl.html"]Ten pin Bowling[/url]
[url="http://www.scotlandsthemepark.com/ridesattractions/indoor/diamondlils.html"]Pool for those over 21[/url]
[url="http://www.ama-zone-ia.com/"]Zoo[/url]

As you can see plenty of things to do to suit everyone,

Of course we are open to all other ideas also,
Service stations etc etc
MsMashed
ah go wi the flow weeman!
Focus_ST-3
I'd be interested. Spring time would probably be best.
bigjock
im a reg organiser for vxon (gutless task) i struggle to get 3 of us to meet at a time despite 3 of us living 10mins apart. we usually go for a bit of a drive then grab some pies and irn bru. anyone on here from dundee/angus?
Gazjs
[quote name='bigjock' post='50452' date='Nov 24 2009, 05:26 PM']im a reg organiser for vxon (gutless task) i struggle to get 3 of us to meet at a time despite 3 of us living 10mins apart. we usually go for a bit of a drive then grab some pies and irn bru. anyone on here from dundee/angus?[/quote]

Hopefully we get a bit more than 3 to the FOC meet :D
Not Dundee/Angus but near by in Kirkcaldy/Fife
Gazjs
Come on people lets get the number up :D
celticrsmith
id be keen on an aberdeen/shire meet
Ben.
i'd be interested as well, im from Ayrshire.
Dave-2912
I would come to a meet if it was close-ish to where I live. (Dunfermline, Fife.)
If it was miles away, I'd have to pass. B)
Gazjs
Anybody up for a similar meet to that arranged down south?
A meet in or around Fife area anybody?, could be put down to a tester for the spring time ;)
queeg
Put me down for a meet too, I'm Dunfermline, so a Fife meet is right up my street !
stef123
i'd be interested gaz :)
bt_cav
Count me in folks :D
Gazjs
So interested ...

Gazjs - Kirkcaldy
Stef123 -
Queeg - Dunfermline
bt_cav - Edinburgh/Motherwell
stef123
[quote name='Gazjs' post='59190' date='Jan 9 2010, 11:46 PM']So interested ...

Gazjs - Kirkcaldy
Stef123 - Kirkcaldy
Queeg - Dunfermline
bt_cav - Edinburgh/Motherwell[/quote]

you forgot Dave-2912 - Dunfermline
Gazjs
oops :lol: Sorry Dave.
Gazjs
When is everyone for this meet available?
I am free almost every Sunday
Gazjs
I am guessing the meet is a no no then :lol:
MsMashed
bit short notice another forum is meetin some details...

[quote]Its time to kickstart the new year with our first arranged meet of 2010!!!

Date: Sunday 24th Janurary
Time: 12.30pm
Link to map: Click here!

Hoping of course the weather clears up for this folks. Wrap up warm, bring some cookies. Be sure to drive carefully on route and at the location. As I am sure you all will of course

All are welcome, fiesta drivers or not.

Latest updates so far are, when arriving aim for the KFC carpark as this is the best situated car parking area supposedly. To keep up to date with any changes check out the FCS meets and events section of the site

Team FCS[/quote]
Gazjs
Is anyone still interested in this before we just forget it all together? :lol:
artscot79
[quote name='Gazjs' date='04 February 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1265303202' post='63364']
Is anyone still interested in this before we just forget it all together? [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img]
[/quote]

id be interested
calmcdermott
I would definately love to come to a meet thats if its in reasonable distance to me!
munro
i like the idea of strathclyde meet :D
C-Max Boy 1983
I would too be intrested in this meeting.

I'm from Edinburgh.

What about the Ferrytoll Car Park in Inverkeithing, I used to organise FFOC Meets there, would be warm in the winter and then head to Dunfermline for grub.

I'm going to be a bit busy over the next month or so but would be willing to attend if one was arranged in advance,for example say May.
Gazjs
[quote name='C-Max Boy 1983' date='26 February 2010 - 08:19 AM' timestamp='1267171752' post='67297']
I would too be intrested in this meeting.

I'm from Edinburgh.

What about the Ferrytoll Car Park in Inverkeithing, I used to organise FFOC Meets there, would be warm in the winter and then head to Dunfermline for grub.

I'm going to be a bit busy over the next month or so but would be willing to attend if one was arranged in advance,for example say May.
[/quote]

There will be meets being arranged in the next few weeks i would imagine.
The rep system is currently undetgoing a bit of a revamp :lol:
Ferrytoll car park sounds a good place to meet however.
C-Max Boy 1983
Cool, I will keep a eye out, I'm moving house in two weeks and then going on holiday, so I'll keep an eye out on ones in April/May.

Cheers

Davy
bdb1985
any meets coming up in scotland this year?
Jack1990
My work would be perfect for a meet. i emailed Gazjs about it before. its the Valley international park in the village of crossford near Lanark just off the A72. Easy to get to from the M74. there is a hotel on the site and a cafe that does anything from a roll and sausage to fish & chips.
FreddyX
let me know when next meet in fife is and al come out as im from Tayport
ST11 MCC
hoping to get a new metal or s1600 in the next couple weeks let me know if anything happens close to edinburgh
PubeHeed
What about the ocean terminal car park? It's central, it's dry, it's warm, and it's well lit, and as long as we don't burnout too much they're alright with it.
DanGersFord
Id be interested :)
k13r4n
Loving the new signature dan
DanGersFord
Cheers lol just a shame its no my car lol
PubeHeed
When would you all be up for a meet then?
ZeetecBlaikie
Would be up for any meets, good to see other cars for ideas etc and get some advice!

Full Colour Version: Scotland meet - Interest
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615