Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A bit of advice, which may be more obvious for some.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Nug878
One day, inevitably, you may knock your rear view mirror off it's holder. Well this is what happened to me, well, I say me... My friend did it whilst I was in the service station answering the call of nature. So I come out of the services with my friend approaching me with my mirror in his hand. With these mirrors they attach to the clip on a ball socket, which as we learned, Is a bast... Bugger to get back on. <_<
So, with the clip still on the windscreen, my friend is now giving it his all trying to get the mirror back on. Something I found cringeworthy to watch. Then he told me to try, as he was getting frustrated and even more so because it was his fault. I line the socket together, add a very unsubstantial amount of pressure, and... CRACK. What's left behind is something I could only consider a nightmare.
[img]http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/Merit96/Photo0192.jpg[/img]

He offered to pay for a new windscreen. But none of us had an idea how much a windscreen would cost, we though it could be anything up from 250 at least. And being a man, and slightly thick... my windscreen wasn't covered because I ofted out of the optional 17.50/month windscreen cover on the insurance. :angry:

Anyway, all isn't so bad because my new shiny windscreen is being fitted in just over an hour now. And all it's cost [s]me[/s] my friend is 115. :D
dezwez
[quote name='Nug878' post='47691' date='Oct 30 2009, 08:02 AM']One day, inevitably, you may knock your rear view mirror off it's holder. Well this is what happened to me, well, I say me... My friend did it whilst I was in the service station answering the call of nature. So I come out of the services with my friend approaching me with my mirror in his hand. With these mirrors they attach to the clip on a ball socket, which as we learned, Is a bast... Bugger to get back on. <_<
So, with the clip still on the windscreen, my friend is now giving it his all trying to get the mirror back on. Something I found cringeworthy to watch. Then he told me to try, as he was getting frustrated and even more so because it was his fault. I line the socket together, add a very unsubstantial amount of pressure, and... CRACK. What's left behind is something I could only consider a nightmare.
[img]http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/Merit96/Photo0192.jpg[/img]

He offered to pay for a new windscreen. But none of us had an idea how much a windscreen would cost, we though it could be anything up from 250 at least. And being a man, and slightly thick... my windscreen wasn't covered because I ofted out of the optional 17.50/month windscreen cover on the insurance. :angry:

Anyway, all isn't so bad because my new shiny windscreen is being fitted in just over an hour now. And all it's cost [s]me[/s] my friend is 115. :D[/quote]
they slide on dont they
artscot79
[quote name='dezwez' post='47693' date='Oct 30 2009, 10:59 AM']they slide on dont they[/quote]

they slide on indeed not push hence the crack lol
Nug878
No, the holder slides on (which I took off before the picture was taken). But the mirror itself clips onto the holder.
catch
[quote name='Nug878' post='49315' date='Nov 15 2009, 12:04 AM']No, the holder slides on (which I took off before the picture was taken). But the mirror itself clips onto the holder.[/quote]

I don't wish to state the obvious but..............

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.