Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fitting an Alternator
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
lucas1787
Hi,I have a Treg 1.6 zetc Focus and I need to fit an alternator to it.I have been told if I disconnect the battery the ECU will have to reprogram itself???. Iam not sure if this is correct. Could some advise please if this is correct and should I not do this or is there anything else I should worry about?.Thanks
artscot79
the ecu will reprogramme itself after a drive once the jobs done take it for a drive for ten to fifteen miles and it relearns. only thing to watch is you have the radio code thats about it .
lucas1787
[quote name='artscot79' post='47725' date='Oct 30 2009, 06:17 PM']the ecu will reprogramme itself after a drive once the jobs done take it for a drive for ten to fifteen miles and it relearns. only thing to watch is you have the radio code thats about it .[/quote]
Thanks for that,one other thing the tension to remove the belt,do i just put on a spanner on and then pull it towards me to release it?
dezwez
[quote name='lucas1787' post='47726' date='Oct 30 2009, 06:28 PM']Thanks for that,one other thing the tension to remove the belt,do i just put on a spanner on and then pull it towards me to release it?[/quote]
losen the alternator then push fowards to lift off ;)
lucas1787
[quote name='dezwez' post='47727' date='Oct 30 2009, 06:33 PM']losen the alternator then push fowards to lift off ;)[/quote]
many thanks for all the info,I will give it a go.

Full Colour Version: Fitting an Alternator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.