Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Care Guide
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Detailing your Ford
focusmarsh
Hope this helps.

Our site put this together for anyone who is not sure.

Any questions, please just ask!

[img]http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/CleanDetail/Untitled.jpg[/img]
Maffoo
What's the difference between annually and yearly?
thesilverfox
[quote name='Maffoo' post='61266' date='Jan 22 2010, 11:01 PM']What's the difference between annually and yearly?[/quote]

I'd say two letters.
DanGull
I can't say I agree with most of this guide.

Thorough detail every three months including clay, paint correction and good wax in summer/sealant in winter (with cleanser before waxing)

Then a top up detail every week to a fortnight - two bucket wash, top up the sealant or wax with your preferred Quick Detailer.

Waxing every month is a waste of product, claying only once a year is not regular enough by half and if I only corrected every year then the car would look awful in no time at all.
thesilverfox
[quote name='DanGull' post='61269' date='Jan 22 2010, 11:13 PM']I can't say I agree with most of this guide.

Thorough detail every three months including clay, paint correction and good wax in summer/sealant in winter (with cleanser before waxing)

Then a top up detail every week to a fortnight - two bucket wash, top up the sealant or wax with your preferred Quick Detailer.

Waxing every month is a waste of product, claying only once a year is not regular enough by half and if I only corrected every year then the car would look awful in no time at all.[/quote]

Are you referring to a machine correction or hand job (snigger)? Depending on miles covered, I can see there only being a need for a yearly machine polish at best, unless you drive a fair few miles at speed etc and on dirty roads. I've covered 3k miles since I clayed my car in November and after a clean, the paintwork still feels glassy and no sandy texture at all.
focusmarsh
[quote name='thesilverfox' post='61270' date='Jan 22 2010, 11:18 PM']Are you referring to a machine correction or hand job (snigger)? Depending on miles covered, I can see there only being a need for a yearly machine polish at best, unless you drive a fair few miles at speed etc and on dirty roads. I've covered 3k miles since I clayed my car in November and after a clean, the paintwork still feels glassy and no sandy texture at all.[/quote]

I have to agree. I wax monthly to keep the protection up. It is needed to ensure the best paint quality. As for "correction" if you need to do this more than once a year, I would suggest you re-think your washing technique as once a year is sometimes overkill.

Just to clarify, correction is using a mechine polisher, that's rotary or da.

Take a look at www.detailingworld.com for more info. Most detailers are on their.

Nick

Full Colour Version: Car Care Guide
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.