Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tow Bar Fitting to 1.8 Estate (2001)
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
BJ1978
Hi,

Firstly Hello, this is my first post, just got a 51 plate Ford Focus 5 door estate in black, never drove a focus before, and wow it drives so well :rolleyes:

Anyway i Just Fitted a towbar, i didnt get time to finish the wiring today, i was just wondering if anyone had a copy of the wiring diagram to assist me.

Thanks
Brendan
BJ1978
Done, was pretty easy, was considering taking the car to a mate, but after examining the wires, i soon worked out what was what.
Fishmaster-zero
[quote name='BJ1978' post='49447' date='Nov 16 2009, 03:45 PM']Done, was pretty easy, was considering taking the car to a mate, but after examining the wires, i soon worked out what was what.[/quote]
Hi i've got one no my TDCI estate, are they any good as a tow car, seems to be a bit lacking in low down grunt for towing to me?
BJ1978
[quote name='Fishmaster-zero' post='49593' date='Nov 18 2009, 01:24 PM']Hi i've got one no my TDCI estate, are they any good as a tow car, seems to be a bit lacking in low down grunt for towing to me?[/quote]

Hi, I have a (roughly) bit bigger than 8' x 5' trailer, the most my focus has pulled at the moment is about half a tonne of sand, and to be honest i didnt really notice i was hauling it, except when going down hills or breaking. There was one big up hill, which leads into a stop at the top, and the car drove fine. I know not everyone would want to haul with a focus, but my location forces me too, buying a 4x4 pickup is an option, but, i'd need to have a 4 door or a 2nd car... :rolleyes:

Anyway hope this helps
Brendan

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.