Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: unknown switch
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
pouly
hi
a work mate has just picked up a 2005 focus 2 ltr tdci titanium, and noticed a black switch under his light switch with a red light in the middle, thought it might be to do with an immobilisor but when switched on you can start the engine and when the engine is running and you switch it on or off it does not cut out. any idea's :huh:
gaz6076
Sounds like an after market switch. Whatever it was used for has probaply been removed but the switch has been left to save a hole being in the dash. A picture would be helpfull
pouly
[attachment=10
72:18112009024.jpg][quote name='gaz6076' post='49662' date='Nov 18 2009, 08:05 PM']Sounds like an after market switch. Whatever it was used for has probaply been removed but the switch has been left to save a hole being in the dash. A picture would be helpfull[/quote]

hope this is of help
artscot79
looks like it could have been fr a fake alarm led or immobiliser extra lights that were wired up pretty much anything under car neons list is limitless
adzmcp
if he has parking sensors that could be the switch to turn on/off the Front sensors as aftermarket sensors are fitted with a switch we do it on X-vision sensors
catch
[quote name='adzmcp' post='49794' date='Nov 19 2009, 10:21 PM']if he has parking sensors that could be the switch to turn on/off the Front sensors as aftermarket sensors are fitted with a switch we do it on X-vision sensors[/quote]

I bet its that, I fitted front parking aids to a Volvo S40 [electromagnetic strip type behind front bumper] and it came complete with a button switch. I took the parking aid ECU out when I sold it [to fit in current car, wife has become addicted to PA's] and I left the switch in situ, to avoid having a hole in the dash. It only cost 10 to replace new electro strip, wiring harness, speaker and switch.

But now I just wire front parking aids into the front fogs switch as it saves drilling holes in the dash for a switch.

Full Colour Version: unknown switch
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615