Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: strange noise
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
kikey
i have just had my timing belt replaced and new tensioner my car has started to make a very faint squealing noise when it gets to normal running temp i have taken it back to the garage and all the belts and pulleys ect were fine any ideas would be a great help thanks kike its a 2002 1.8 turbo diesel estate
SierraYankee99
[quote name='kikey' post='49550' date='Nov 17 2009, 11:44 PM']i have just had my timing belt replaced and new tensioner my car has started to make a very faint squealing noise when it gets to normal running temp i have taken it back to the garage and all the belts and pulleys ect were fine any ideas would be a great help thanks kike its a 2002 1.8 turbo diesel estate[/quote]

Probably the tensioners faulty. If the noise has only developed since it was changed, chances are thats where the fault lies.
kikey
[quote name='SierraYankee99' post='49734' date='Nov 19 2009, 12:27 PM']Probably the tensioners faulty. If the noise has only developed since it was changed, chances are thats where the fault lies.[/quote]
thanks for the reply but they tried a new tensioner and noise still there some one said that it might be an air pipe to the turbo that they may have damaged they are going to have a look

Full Colour Version: strange noise
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615