Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo Mk 3 Central Locking
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Pogo
Hi,
After some help or advice. I have a MK3 mondeo and the central locking has stopped working on the left hand rear door. Is this a common fault? Is it likely to be the door itself or the drivers door as I know this controls the whole system.

Cheers for any help given
mintalkin
first things to check would be the wiring at the rear door piller for damage and remove the rear door card to check for any broken connectors or rods.
Pogo
[quote name='mintalkin' post='49937' date='Nov 21 2009, 06:21 PM']first things to check would be the wiring at the rear door piller for damage and remove the rear door card to check for any broken connectors or rods.[/quote]
Done all that, motor doesn't move when I operate remote or the drivers door lock.
mintalkin
are you getting power to the door motor ?
Pogo
I tested this with a multi meter and when I operated the key it quickly flicked to 12v, but I've no idea how long its supposed to stay for or if the flick of the voltage is enough to operate the door lock mechanism
mintalkin
it sounds like a sticking or faulty central door lock motor or mechanism..try a good lube around the mechanism if that does not work you might need a new motor.
Pogo
Hi,
Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try.
InstructorPiggy
Motor definitely, only takes a shot of 12v to get one of them working.

They are fairly universal things, shouldn't be too pricey, find one second hand easy enough.

Piggy :)
KarlZ
I have the same problem on the front passenger door.. the central locking doesnt work on that door.. It can be annoying at time if you carry passengers.. but since I drive around alone its no fuss :D

Full Colour Version: Mondeo Mk 3 Central Locking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.