Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help and advice needed please
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
Guilty
Hi all

Well I now have the Ka that I've been going on about.

I know that it needs some minor works done which i am willing to do however I am in need of expert advice.

Im not sure if the drive shaft is going. I have a baldy tyre to replace but when I was going over any wet metal covers in the road I could feel it skipping over them.

Hubby wasnt much help and he thinks there is a problem with it even though he had a look over it before I took it.

Can any one help on this?

Thanks
Angie :(

p.s now hubby has said the handbrake needs adjusting (minor) and that there was gunk on the engine near where the gaskets are which he said could be a sign the head gaskets going what bloody next so fed up and p**sed off all I wanted was a decent wee car that I could do up to make nice

I gotta clean the inside of it tomorrow as it was a smokers car and you can smell it then I want to t-cut it as it desperately needs it there are little rust patches which dont bother me much coz if i get it running properly then i will get it resprayed with coded bumpers n stuff but thats a long way off. I used to have a vectra that cost me 1000 which i ended up spending more than 2500 on it so I'm not scared to spend the money if it's needed to make it look better.

I really appreciate all your help and comments just hope this car works out for me

cheers for reading
angie
dezwez
[quote name='Guilty' post='50146' date='Nov 22 2009, 07:42 PM']Hi all

Well I now have the Ka that I've been going on about.

I know that it needs some minor works done which i am willing to do however I am in need of expert advice.

Im not sure if the drive shaft is going. I have a baldy tyre to replace but when I was going over any wet metal covers in the road I could feel it skipping over them.

Hubby wasnt much help and he thinks there is a problem with it even though he had a look over it before I took it.

Can any one help on this?

Thanks
Angie :(

p.s now hubby has said the handbrake needs adjusting (minor) and that there was gunk on the engine near where the gaskets are which he said could be a sign the head gaskets going what bloody next so fed up and p**sed off all I wanted was a decent wee car that I could do up to make nice

I gotta clean the inside of it tomorrow as it was a smokers car and you can smell it then I want to t-cut it as it desperately needs it there are little rust patches which dont bother me much coz if i get it running properly then i will get it resprayed with coded bumpers n stuff but thats a long way off. I used to have a vectra that cost me 1000 which i ended up spending more than 2500 on it so I'm not scared to spend the money if it's needed to make it look better.

I really appreciate all your help and comments just hope this car works out for me

cheers for reading
angie[/quote]
it will slip over wet metal covers if the tyre is bald you need a new tyre
also if there is gunk on the engine dosnt mean head gasket just not cleaned very well
its not over heating is it good sign head gasket gone ;)

Full Colour Version: Help and advice needed please
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.