Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: C Max auto/CVT?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford C-Max Club
Big Bob
Hi, I'm thinking of upgrading my Focus estate auto to a second hand C Max auto, probably next year sometime.
My question is about the CVT, was the C-Max ever fitted with a conventional auto or are they all CVT, and are there any reliability / drivability issues either way?

We have a Focus with a conventional auto & a Fusion with durashift. We both prefer the Focus to drive but the Fusion is more economical, any feed back on the C-Max would be welcome.
Thanks
Richard G
there some VERY SERIOUS reliability / drivability issues with the CVT box especially with the diesel engines. I'm not certain that these have ever been fully cured as Fraud seem very unconcerned.

The main financial consideration is that should anything go wrong with the box then it is normaly a FULL SWAP rather than repair and that is [b][u]FOUR GRAND[/u][/b]
rjays
Hey Bob....Read all my other posts regarding a cvt diesel
:o
Big Bob
[quote name='rjays' post='51838' date='Dec 1 2009, 07:03 PM']Hey Bob....Read all my other posts regarding a cvt diesel
:o[/quote]

Thanks for the replies, you're not very impressed are you. :blink:
I may have to start looking elsewhere then.
rjays
Hey Bigbob..thats the best idea you will have this year!!!....my regret was not finding this forum BEFORE i bought mine

Full Colour Version: C Max auto/CVT?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615