Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: windows
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
red but not so fast!
my windows in the back of my 05 mondeo only go so far down! surely they should go all the way into the door? is this how theyre supposed to be or can you program them to do this?
fiesta_lad
[quote name='red but not so fast!' post='50341' date='Nov 23 2009, 09:18 PM']my windows in the back of my 05 mondeo only go so far down! surely they should go all the way into the door? is this how theyre supposed to be or can you program them to do this?[/quote]

I think thats a safety feature for children mate.
SierraYankee99
Nah, its the shape of the rear doors that stop the window going all the way down. Same as on mine below, the mondeo is shaped to contour the rear wheel arch. Follow the line down from the back edge of the window and you'll see what I mean.
chris bowman
[quote name='SierraYankee99' post='50353' date='Nov 23 2009, 09:56 PM']Nah, its the shape of the rear doors that stop the window going all the way down. Same as on mine below, the mondeo is shaped to contour the rear wheel arch. Follow the line down from the back edge of the window and you'll see what I mean.[/quote]

always used to be that rear windows could not go all the way down because at speed the pressure could blow the rear windscreen out!!
have seen it happen!

Full Colour Version: windows
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615