Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air con and water temp
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
jocojohn
Hi, I have just bought a 52 plate Ka for my partner and as yet I dont have a Haynes manual for it. Maybe someone could help me out with 2 questions.

Firstly, the air con dont seem to be very cold, what checks could I make to see if it needs regassing or maybe some other problem, the light on the switch comes on.

Secondly, has anyone here ever fitted an after-market water temp gauge and if so was it fairly easy or would it mess up signals to the ECU etc.

Thanks, John
InstructorPiggy
shouldnt be a problem, the gauge that is, but you may not be able to be sure what signal the sensor is, may not be usual voltage change, now with cambus systems being rather different.

However aftermarket kits you may be able to fit your own sensor...have a search.

But I must ask, why the need?? The new fiestas aint got one!

And as for A/C, if the recirc flap works, light comes on and there is a distinctive change in engine speed at idle when you click the button, then go get it checked out at a good A/C service repair place.

Piggy :)

PS Dont rely too much on Haynes, they may sell a lot, but its only coz no one else has tried to compete!

Full Colour Version: Air con and water temp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615