Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 focus 1.8 zetec S
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Scorer1uk
[size=2][font="Comic Sans MS"]As stated in the topic description, i have an Adaptive Front Lighting in my car, and I was wondering if anyone know if it is possible to swop the current bulbs over to a Bi-Xenon that is clear white with a 'blue' tint?

Much Appreciated!

Chris [/font][/size]
InstructorPiggy
Do you already have HID lights fitted?

If so, shouldnt be a problem, so long as its the same fitment, however, the more blue the tint, the less strength of the beam, so you sacrafice site for the colour blue!

If no, you wont be able to. Kits are available but GB road law states you need headlight washers and automatic headlight dip adjustment due to the dazzling nature of HID lights.

Hope that helps.

Piggy :)
Scorer1uk
Ahh I don't think i have HID... and thank you for clearing that up for me Piggy :)
InstructorPiggy
U can get uprated (yet same wattage) headlight bulbs tho, Phillips and Bosch do very good ranges, they say they are up to 50% brighter and whiter too??

Maybe that helps ya?

Piggy :)
Scorer1uk
i will certainly look into that thanks Piggy! Btw, how do i know if i have HID installed?! As you can probably tell, im not exactly clued up on these things lol :)
artscot79
Adaptive front lighting system 250 Launch Mar 2009
245 Dec 2008 Feb 2009
Front fog lights Standard Launch Now
Headlight levelling control Optional Launch Mar 2009
Standard Mar 2009 Now
Xenon headlights + auto levelling and washers 550 Launch Mar 2009
538 Dec 2008 Feb 2009

so you have xenon lights installed be thankfull ive had hid and they were nowt but a pain
Scorer1uk
Art,

That's the thing that im confused... i dont have washers nor the auto levelling i think. Perhaps Ford just put in an standard halogen adaptive front lighting as a friend of a friend pointed out that i have halo ones?
DONFRAMAC
One way of telling that you have self-levelling fitted, is the omission of the driver's thumb-wheel for him/her doing it manually. Washers can be fitted using a bumper & washer set-up from a higher trim version of the car, a bit costly with painting, etc. ( breaker's yard a possibility.)
artscot79
[quote name='DONFRAMAC' post='59057' date='Jan 9 2010, 06:16 AM']One way of telling that you have self-levelling fitted, is the omission of the driver's thumb-wheel for him/her doing it manually. Washers can be fitted using a bumper & washer set-up from a higher trim version of the car, a bit costly with painting, etc. ( breaker's yard a possibility.)[/quote]

hant seen many with the adaptive hid lighting as i believe it was costly as an option brighter bulbs do make a big difference they can be expensive so shop around ebay do loads of them just make sure they are road legal and not the rally ones that bllind everyone else
cooleric2000
I heard the Philips bulbs being talked about in other threads. Are they any good. Think they mentioned the Philips blue bulb.

Full Colour Version: 2009 focus 1.8 zetec S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615