Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cutting out when driving
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Tony1973
My focus 1.8tdDi zetec estate cuts out while driving, i have had this problem for over six months but as the car is a second car in the household i have sort of tolerated the issue, i have changed the fuel filter and the speed sensor but i still have the same problem cutting out usually 2nd gear or above, thanks for any feedback!
SierraYankee99
[quote name='Tony1973' post='50834' date='Nov 26 2009, 12:49 PM']My focus 1.8tdDi zetec estate cuts out while driving, i have had this problem for over six months but as the car is a second car in the household i have sort of tolerated the issue, i have changed the fuel filter and the speed sensor but i still have the same problem cutting out usually 2nd gear or above, thanks for any feedback![/quote]

Does it cut out or do you just lose drive ie engines still running but accelerators dead??? If its what I think it is the glowplug light will steadily flash too but when you turn the car off and restart all is fine. Right so far???? If I am, simples. Throttle position sensor in the accelerator pedal. Cure??Buy a new pedal from Ford for about 80 and fit it yourself. Job sorted.
Tony1973
[quote name='SierraYankee99' post='50914' date='Nov 26 2009, 10:50 PM']Does it cut out or do you just lose drive ie engines still running but accelerators dead??? If its what I think it is the glowplug light will steadily flash too but when you turn the car off and restart all is fine. Right so far???? If I am, simples. Throttle position sensor in the accelerator pedal. Cure??Buy a new pedal from Ford for about 80 and fit it yourself. Job sorted.[/quote]

Yeah does exactly what you said aswell! thanks !
SierraYankee99
LOL no problem. Mine did it a couple of years ago. Thing was I was sat at 65mph on the A1 when it did it in heavy traffic. Proper brown trouser moment for me I can tell you lol.

Full Colour Version: Cutting out when driving
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.