Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cam Belt Change
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
topdealman
When do I need to change the cam belt on my 1.6 zetec on an 04 plate has done 70K at the moment and how much should I expect to pay.

Thanks
mintalkin
ford say 10 years or 100000 miles but i would do it earlier for piece of mind, 60 for parts and a couple of hours labour should cover it.
Vas
Just had my Mk1.5 TDCi (53 plate) done at approx 74,500 and it cost me 45.50 + VAT for the kit and 87.50 + VAT for the labour (which was just under 3hrs). In total it was 152.95.

Not sure if the belt kit is the same for yours (incidentally the part number was VKMAQ4108 if that is of any use to you).

This was done by a local guy who I use, not a Ford main dealer or anything. He showed me the belt he'd removed & said there was no signs of wear on it & so it would probably have lasted longer, but it's better to be safe than sorry!!
artscot79
[quote name='Vas' post='50909' date='Nov 26 2009, 10:35 PM']Just had my Mk1.5 TDCi (53 plate) done at approx 74,500 and it cost me 45.50 + VAT for the kit and 87.50 + VAT for the labour (which was just under 3hrs). In total it was 152.95.

Not sure if the belt kit is the same for yours (incidentally the part number was VKMAQ4108 if that is of any use to you).

This was done by a local guy who I use, not a Ford main dealer or anything. He showed me the belt he'd removed & said there was no signs of wear on it & so it would probably have lasted longer, but it's better to be safe than sorry!![/quote]
the belts sually dont cause the problem its the tensioner so make sure you have it replaced vw passats have the same issue the tensioner goes taking the belyt out with it
zannah555
Think about getting it done before 80k, I lost 2 Mondeos to tensioner failures (same engines as the Focus) after I put off belt changes for "just another month or so". Both of these had complete belts when I stripped them down. Belt is 45-50.

Full Colour Version: Cam Belt Change
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615