Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Streetka key
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
privatepyle11
Hi i recently bought my fiancee a streetka but it only came with one key - a remote fob. I am a little worried in case she lost it etc so I called the ford garage and they said for a replacement key would be approx 100 and for a remote key would be approx 140 - does this price seem about right?

Seems a bit steep for a key. but he did say it would need programming so maybe that is why the price is so high?
delboy
someone on here paid 80.00 for a key last week i think it was so
the pricing is about right m8
it's the chip in the key ur needing m8 & ur paying for & the re-coding
mills256
I would get one of ebay, then get your local key cutter to cut the key and then ford will reprogram for 14.99 or you can do it yourself, i wouldnt pay those kind of prices!
Babybel
I know my Dad had this problem and it cost about that to get a new key. You could do the whole ebay thing but I wouldnt have a clue what to do!
ponsaloti
If you came to us for a second working key (opens and starts the car) I would charge you 55.
If you had 2 woking keys and you wanted another, it would cost you alot less as you can manually programe the new key into the car yourself (you need 2 programed keys to programe a new 3rd key into the system).

Full Colour Version: Streetka key
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.