Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: normal idle speed
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
artscot79
hi guys just a quickie what is the correct idle speed when the engines warm on a y reg 1.8 zetec? the dash trick is showing it varying from 690 to 730rpm max
InstructorPiggy
petrols generally 850-900rpm, little more when auto choke on.

Yours seems a little low :)
artscot79
thats what i thought its under warranty so ill be making a phone call
InstructorPiggy
yeah, sounds like idle valve having a party! :)
artscot79
[quote name='InstructorPiggy' post='52292' date='Dec 3 2009, 11:01 PM']yeah, sounds like idle valve having a party! :)[/quote]
well the whole lot a new idle valve plus fitting will cost me the whole of 30 quid so that will be sorted tuesday
stef123
my idle speed is usually about 730rpm which is about right according to autodata which states it should be 700rpm +/-30rpm
this is also the same for the 1.8 petrol too so i think your ok.
artscot79
[quote name='stef123' post='52605' date='Dec 5 2009, 08:48 PM']my idle speed is usually about 730rpm which is about right according to autodata which states it should be 700rpm +/-30rpm
this is also the same for the 1.8 petrol too so i think your ok.[/quote]
for 30 quid it will be done than i know i dont have to worry about it for a while
artscot79
[quote name='artscot79' post='52620' date='Dec 5 2009, 10:16 PM']for 30 quid it will be done than i know i dont have to worry about it for a while[/quote]
its been changed and firstly the idle sits 730 not 690 and jumping up and down a fairly steady 720-730rpm secondly the car starts perfectly everytime now and its a lot happier and smoother idling so if anyone else has the same issues its worth changing the idle control valve for a new one

Full Colour Version: normal idle speed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.