Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Servicing
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
focusdriver
I bought a Focus 1.8 TDCi 55 plate 80000 miles with no service history.

I've had a regular service done 2 days ago - which was:
* the oil changed, air and oil filter replaced.
* brake pad replaced all round.
* new brake fluid
* aircon anti-bacterial cleanse.

Yesterday the alternator packed in. (it's still covered by the warranty of the garage I bought the car from).

I was just wondering what the official servicing guidelines say for my car which has done 80K miles. Is there anything that may need replacing or that should have been replaced recently? When is/was the last/next major service due? And what does it entail?

I'm trying to pre-empt any problems I have.

Thanks.
;)
artscot79
[quote name='focusdriver' post='52535' date='Dec 5 2009, 01:20 PM']I bought a Focus 1.8 TDCi 55 plate 80000 miles with no service history.

I've had a regular service done 2 days ago - which was:
* the oil changed, air and oil filter replaced.
* brake pad replaced all round.
* new brake fluid
* aircon anti-bacterial cleanse.

Yesterday the alternator packed in. (it's still covered by the warranty of the garage I bought the car from).

I was just wondering what the official servicing guidelines say for my car which has done 80K miles. Is there anything that may need replacing or that should have been replaced recently? When is/was the last/next major service due? And what does it entail?

I'm trying to pre-empt any problems I have.

Thanks.
;)[/quote]
difficult to tell the glow plugs would be a good start and the diesel filter will also need done best advice is get it serviced regularly

Full Colour Version: Servicing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.