Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alloy Cleaner
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Detailing your Ford
AdamC11
Hi Guys,

Can you reccomend a very gud alloy cleaner please?

Thanks
DanGull
There's Bilberry, Bilberry, Bilberry and erm, Bilberry.

Did I mention Bilberry?

It's awesome - only alloy cleaner you'll ever need. Smells great and it's non-acidic. It also dilutes, so goes a long way. Make sure you get a chemical resistant sprayer to go with it however...

[url="http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/"]i4D[/url]

Get it here - and use FOCX to get 7.5% off.
greenymk7
i agree with dan here about bilberry its awesome stuff, cleans the tyres well also.

only other id suggest is dodo mellow yellow but i havent tried it yet, seems to have some gd followers already though
TDISport.com
[quote name='greenymk7' post='53053' date='Dec 8 2009, 10:46 AM']i agree with dan here about bilberry its awesome stuff, cleans the tyres well also.

only other id suggest is dodo mellow yellow but i havent tried it yet, seems to have some gd followers already though[/quote]

I would second that for bilberry, very powerful though, it damaged my plastic centre caps (but I think that is more due to me not diluting enough).

Another couple of good ones are the Auto Glym Alloy Wheel cleaner and wonder wheels (available from Halfords). Comes with a shaving type brush for application, that is my personal favourite.
Gazjs
[quote name='TDISport.com' post='53538' date='Dec 10 2009, 10:43 AM']I would second that for bilberry, very powerful though, it damaged my plastic centre caps (but I think that is more due to me not diluting enough).

Another couple of good ones are the Auto Glym Alloy Wheel cleaner and wonder wheels (available from Halfords). Comes with a shaving type brush for application, that is my personal favourite.[/quote]

If bilberry ruined youre centre caps then what does wonder wheels do :blink:
DanGull
Absolutely - wonder wheels and AG alloy cleaner (not the difference between this and custom wheel cleaner) are acidic and make Bilberry look like Ribena in terms of harshness. I use Bilberry at 1:4 and it's mild as anything.
TDISport.com
[quote name='Gazjs' post='53565' date='Dec 10 2009, 01:09 PM']If bilberry ruined youre centre caps then what does wonder wheels do :blink:[/quote]

Wonder wheels is fine as it was diluted already.
I had a very strong mixture of Bilberry and it marked all centre caps.
Showroom Valet
Hello guys,

Another one for Bilberry here, I use that product day in and day out, never experienced any problems.

Michael.
IOWgirl
[quote name='Showroom Valet' date='26 February 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1267221441' post='67490']
Hello guys,

Another one for Bilberry here, I use that product day in and day out, never experienced any problems.

Michael.
[/quote]

Agreed. ;)
artscot79
[quote name='IOWgirl' date='12 April 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1271106628' post='77574']
Agreed. [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]
[/quote]

an old trick is quarter of a small cup of washing powder for the degreasing and 4 drops of lemon juice then add about 1 litre of water using a wheel brush it gets them lovely and clean its cheap and non acidid as the lemon juice is well concentrated and they will smell all lovely too its what i use when i run out[img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
-Mat-
Autobrite Very Cherry..... Same/similar to bilberry, but a touch cheaper :D

Oh, and make sure you use a wheel sealant after you've got them all scubed up nice and shiny

Full Colour Version: Alloy Cleaner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615