Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: voice commands
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford C-Max Club
mr rugby
I have a strange problem.
Intermittantly, when using voice control to operate cd player/radio etc, the female voice, prompts and repeats my commands but often will not carry out the final instruction, such as to play "track 3" or the radio frequency required.
8 times out of 10 the system behaves the remainder it will be stubborn.
Now before anyone says she has not understood my voice........then why does she correctly repeat what I have said,........ she just doesn't do it.
She completes each stage expect the last final command.
Does anyone have any ideas or similar experiences,

Cheers,

mr rugby
nutty
[quote name='mr rugby' date='07 December 2009 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1260212881' post='52939']
I have a strange problem.
Intermittantly, when using voice control to operate cd player/radio etc, the female voice, prompts and repeats my commands but often will not carry out the final instruction, such as to play "track 3" or the radio frequency required.
8 times out of 10 the system behaves the remainder it will be stubborn.
Now before anyone says she has not understood my voice........then why does she correctly repeat what I have said,........ she just doesn't do it.
She completes each stage expect the last final command.
Does anyone have any ideas or similar experiences,

Cheers,

mr rugby
[/quote]
nutty
Come on.... How many women do you know that do 10 out of 10 things you ask them :lol:
Pavillion
Hello Mr Rugby,
I don't know how old your car is but, with all the power off try running a vacuum cleaner over the microphone. I hope this doesn't sound daft but I have a Jaguar with climate, and the aspirator/cabin temperature sensor has to be cleaned from time to time to remove the dust from the sensor.
Doug,
Ashford.
Slarti1972
I have had something similar happen quick question, does it work if you manually select these things? I had an issue when I would get the same as you. would get a reply and nothing would happen but the radio wouldn't respond either. I found that by letting the radio shut down completely (get out, lock the car and wait for the display to go off) the problem went away. I assume you have the sony DAB radio fitted

Full Colour Version: voice commands
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.