Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loss of Power
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
William Hancock
Hi

I have a 57 plate 1.8 TDCi Zetec Focus and coming home on the A1 last night I was experiencing a loss of power with juddering and spluttering.

The problem only happens when I'm over 28000rpm and I put my foot down firmly on the accelerator. If I'm under 28000rpm and put my foot down I get power as normal up until that point. And when I'm over 28000rpm and lightly accelerate I get power as normal. The problem only happens after 28000rpm and I put my foot down.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Will
artscot79
[quote name='William Hancock' post='53915' date='Dec 12 2009, 11:20 AM']Hi

I have a 57 plate 1.8 TDCi Zetec Focus and coming home on the A1 last night I was experiencing a loss of power with juddering and spluttering.

The problem only happens when I'm over 28000rpm and I put my foot down firmly on the accelerator. If I'm under 28000rpm and put my foot down I get power as normal up until that point. And when I'm over 28000rpm and lightly accelerate I get power as normal. The problem only happens after 28000rpm and I put my foot down.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Will[/quote]

sounds like you need to get it checked for fault codes it could be a turbo issue it could be a diesel filter needing replaced a collapsed hose etc sounds like its bogging down all i can say is ive never driven a td yet where when you stick the foot to the floor it doesnt bog down slightly although its never juddered ide try getting the diesel filter replaced and check the bay make sure all hoses are connected with no holes or splits
InstructorPiggy
Could be EGR that, or turbo boost control valve, split pipes etc would show themselves below 2800, where the torque is at its greatest.

But either way, gota get things checked out on a diagnostics machine!

Full Colour Version: Loss of Power
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615