Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '09 focus instrument query
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
daveyboy467
hi guy/girls

i've had a good few focus's now. i've just recently bought a new shape focus and have a query:

why doesn't the over rev indicator come on (the red arrow when revved hard should illuminate)?

is there any pic's on the net showing all the lights/indicators of the cluster

thanks
thesilverfox
[quote name='daveyboy467' post='54146' date='Dec 13 2009, 02:30 PM']hi guy/girls

i've had a good few focus's now. i've just recently bought a new shape focus and have a query:

why doesn't the over rev indicator come on (the red arrow when revved hard should illuminate)?

is there any pic's on the net showing all the lights/indicators of the cluster

thanks[/quote]

Petrol or diesel? I've mainly seen them on diesels (mine is 07 and it works).
daveyboy467
[quote name='thesilverfox' post='54150' date='Dec 13 2009, 03:04 PM']Petrol or diesel? I've mainly seen them on diesels (mine is 07 and it works).[/quote]

1.6 tdci zetec '09 plate. i took it all way into red and no lights.

i also thought the new cluster displays a change up and down gear for optimun mpg
daveyboy467
[quote name='daveyboy467' post='54156' date='Dec 13 2009, 03:20 PM']1.6 tdci zetec '09 plate. i took it all way into red and no lights.

i also thought the new cluster displays a change up and down gear for optimun mpg[/quote]
thesilverfox
[quote name='daveyboy467' post='54156' date='Dec 13 2009, 03:20 PM']1.6 tdci zetec '09 plate. i took it all way into red and no lights.

i also thought the new cluster displays a change up and down gear for optimun mpg[/quote]

I had a rental MKII petrol when someone pranged mine, and the change-up light was present, but never came on (you could see it on the dash when turning the ignition). My MKII diesel does have the light, but I rarely see it (being a diesel and all that).
jay1981
I thought the up shift light was only used on the econetic focus (low co2 version). Both 09 plate models I have driven one diesel and the other 1.6 petrol don't have this light.

Full Colour Version: '09 focus instrument query
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.