Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie. Sad to lose current KA but new one on the way!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
lauraGeeGee
[size=3]Hiya everyone.

Not been on a car forum before.

I've owned my KA collection since 2002. I have so loved it! Unfortunately it's now at the end of it's life in that it needs so much work done that I can no longer justify spending the money on it.

Thanks to Fords "Scrappage" deal I'm about to have a brand new KA! I'm very excited though it's so bittersweet as I'm so upset about letting my current one go. Especially as it'll have to be [size=1]scrapped[/size]!! Anyone else feel as close as I do to a lump of metal??! Or am I the only mad one! :rolleyes:

My husband doesn't get it! He's also doing the scrappage thing, chopping in his Chrysler Voyager for a new fiesta. [/size]
fiesta_lad
[quote name='lauraGeeGee' post='54752' date='Dec 16 2009, 05:09 PM'][size=3]Hiya everyone.

Not been on a car forum before.

I've owned my KA collection since 2002. I have so loved it! Unfortunately it's now at the end of it's life in that it needs so much work done that I can no longer justify spending the money on it.

Thanks to Fords "Scrappage" deal I'm about to have a brand new KA! I'm very excited though it's so bittersweet as I'm so upset about letting my current one go. Especially as it'll have to be [size=1]scrapped[/size]!! Anyone else feel as close as I do to a lump of metal??! Or am I the only mad one! :rolleyes:

My husband doesn't get it! He's also doing the scrappage thing, chopping in his Chrysler Voyager for a new fiesta. [/size][/quote]

Its amazeing how much people become attach to their cars iam the same it may be a lump of metal to everybody else but the end of the day is your pride and joy you say that your husband is putting his chrysler voyager in on the scrappage thing what sort of condistion is it in also the millage and the age please.
Gazjs
Welcome to FOC.
Am sure you will forget all about the old KA when you get the new one :lol:
lauraGeeGee
[quote name='fiesta_lad' post='54758' date='Dec 16 2009, 05:28 PM']Its amazeing how much people become attach to their cars iam the same it may be a lump of metal to everybody else but the end of the day is your pride and joy you say that your husband is putting his chrysler voyager in on the scrappage thing what sort of condistion is it in also the millage and the age please.[/quote]

It's a T reg. Turbo Diesel. 140,000 miles on the clock!

Lovely car but it has it's problems, electrical faults mainly and seems to start only when it wants too (not today in the cold)! Bodywork in excellent nick and leather seats all good.

I think it's too good be be scrapped personally but it's in the category! I feel the same about mine really!

It's a case of both cars will cost so much to get back to how they should be it's not longer worth it.

Glad it's not just me who gets silly about cars!!!
Jonny87
Welcome :)
fiesta_lad
[quote name='lauraGeeGee' post='54804' date='Dec 16 2009, 07:54 PM']It's a T reg. Turbo Diesel. 140,000 miles on the clock!

Lovely car but it has it's problems, electrical faults mainly and seems to start only when it wants too (not today in the cold)! Bodywork in excellent nick and leather seats all good.

I think it's too good be be scrapped personally but it's in the category! I feel the same about mine really!

It's a case of both cars will cost so much to get back to how they should be it's not longer worth it.

Glad it's not just me who gets silly about cars!!![/quote]

Best getting shut of it on the scrapped or what i call the car grave yard :( but iam sure you both will enjoy your new cars ;)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615