Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Click noise- steering wheel column
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
Sean_Chino7
Hey guys, ive got a Mk6.5 zetec. I noticed that when i turn the steering wheel left/right while parking and doing a U-turn or just driving around a corner (without the indicator stalk on) i hear a quiet click noise behind the steering wheel and you can sort of feel it very slightly too. It sounds like if a plastic is rubbing against another plastic or wire is lose within the steering column. it only happens sometimes. i took the plastic steering wheel column surrounds off, i put some blue tack on the lose wires and plastic bits, then put the plastic surrounds back on, then for a while the noise disappeared, no more clicking noise. But now the click noise has come back. it doesnt affect the steering wheel or the stalks, it just makes a plasticky quiet click noise. My mates mk6.5 zetec has this click noise too. its doing my head in! any advice/ help on this? anyone else had this noise too?
Gazjs
Turn the radio up :lol:
Don't hear any clicks from my steering wheel, plenty of other clicks, squeaks though :lol:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615