Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mondeo 54 plate 2.0 tdci lx
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
chris bowman
when i turn off my engine about 6 times out of ten it judders slightly as the engine dies. also there is a tinny rattle immediatley after it stops which sound slike it is comming from right under the gear lever under the car. have read in much earlier blog that the air filter housing can vibrate in this way but it is not that. wondered if there could be a sensor causing the engine to judder when i turn the ignition off. other than this the car always runs and starts fine.
chris bowman
[quote name='chris bowman' post='55027' date='Dec 17 2009, 10:19 PM']when i turn off my engine about 6 times out of ten it judders slightly as the engine dies. also there is a tinny rattle immediatley after it stops which sound slike it is comming from right under the gear lever under the car. have read in much earlier blog that the air filter housing can vibrate in this way but it is not that. wondered if there could be a sensor causing the engine to judder when i turn the ignition off. other than this the car always runs and starts fine.[/quote]

sorry to refresh post just trying once more to see if anyone has any ideas!
stef123
[quote name='chris bowman' post='58225' date='Jan 5 2010, 04:54 PM']sorry to refresh post just trying once more to see if anyone has any ideas![/quote]

i have absolutely no idea what the setup is on your car but it could be a gearbox mount thats damaged/perished?
chris bowman
[quote name='stef123' post='58270' date='Jan 5 2010, 07:53 PM']i have absolutely no idea what the setup is on your car but it could be a gearbox mount thats damaged/perished?[/quote]

thanks mate will check. also wondered why most of the time the engine sort of peters out instead of just stopping smoothly
peanuts
[quote name='chris bowman' post='58662' date='Jan 7 2010, 11:23 AM']thanks mate will check. also wondered why most of the time the engine sort of peters out instead of just stopping smoothly[/quote]
check that its not sligtly over filled with oil diesel engines can run on a bit if there slightly over full as they burn the exess oil

if they are way over filled they can run on to destruction !

think chris is right about the gearlinkage bush or is it possible an engine mount on its way allowing the engine to rock on switch off and the linkage to knock have you had any gear selection problems ?
chris bowman
[quote name='peanuts' post='58888' date='Jan 8 2010, 10:48 AM']check that its not sligtly over filled with oil diesel engines can run on a bit if there slightly over full as they burn the exess oil

if they are way over filled they can run on to destruction !

think chris is right about the gearlinkage bush or is it possible an engine mount on its way allowing the engine to rock on switch off and the linkage to knock have you had any gear selection problems ?[/quote]

no, no gear selection probs. reverse gear stiff on very first cold (and i mean cold ) start as i back of the drive then all gears are finre. so i put that down to current extreme cold temps in cornwall. also rattle doesnt always occur but sounds very tinny and with door open from right under gear lever under car.Wonder if there is a cover over linkage perhaps? anyway oil level is fine. was possiblely wondering if there was a control switch causing cut off probs when i turned the ignition off?

ps thanks for advice!

Full Colour Version: mondeo 54 plate 2.0 tdci lx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.