Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DIY FIT OF OFFSIDE REAR WINDOW?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
harveys
Does anyone know if it's an easy DIY job to fit a rear offside window to a KA (2000 W) ? Some moron panned in the one in my late Granda's car (now used by my folks) the other night. It was one of a dozen cars hit in the same street. Cops were a complete waste of time - not even interested in a great footprint in the snow where the moron had come over the garden wall

Looks like we'd maybe be able to pick one up on ebay for 35-40? which I am guessing is a fraction of the cost of a new one - even via the insurance, what with excesses etc, but we'll only tackle it, if it's a case of a few bolts etc.

Would be grateful for any pointers.
delboy
look inside the ka you will see the screws that holds the glass inplace
use a phillips screw driver i recall m8

it's real easy
fit the 2 reont ones 1st then the rear most one with the opener on

contact fords before you buy from a scrap yard as sometimes there is not a lot of diffrence in price
i would also phone around diffrent scrap yards as the price does vary
InstructorPiggy
is it one that pops out a little to open for ventilation??

if so, dead easy, if sealed in, little more tricky!!
stef123
as piggy says, if it opens then it should be easy. if its a sealed one it might be worth contacting the likes of autoglass?
harveys
Thanks for the reply folks - yes it's the opening one. My Dad managed to pick one up for 17 (+vat?) from a local scrappy. Most other quotes off the net/ebay - were around the 35 mark. We've just to fit it now ! Sounds like it should be ok tho'. Thanks again.
Jonny87
Excellent news!!!! :) :) :) :) :)
harveys
Fitted....and it was a doddle...thanks for the advice/encouragement - hopefully the morons won't return !

Full Colour Version: DIY FIT OF OFFSIDE REAR WINDOW?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.