Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: electrical problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
kaka
hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has come across the same problem as myself on 06 plate 1.3 ka, car starts ok and drives till warm, then if you turn off ignition then try to restart - nothing, no dash lights, dead as the proverbial dodo, but wait around 5 mins and clicking noise from dash, turn key and back to normal but have to recode radio, suspect dodgy relay but not sure, any help greatly appreciated
Chris Ecc
If your re-coding the radio that means it is losing all electrical power, have you checked the battery for any damage or signs of wear and tear?
kaka
[quote name='Chris Ecc' post='57041' date='Dec 29 2009, 11:42 PM']If your re-coding the radio that means it is losing all electrical power, have you checked the battery for any damage or signs of wear and tear?[/quote]
Hi Chris, thanks for your reply, forgot to mention that car had been into ford garage and had alternator replaced under warranty recently, have found negative terminal loose on battery, I guess i'll have to check everything the garage does from now on

Full Colour Version: electrical problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.