Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damaged sidewall & alloy - advice required
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford C-Max Club
harveys
My old man smacked his C-Max wheel off a kerb this afternoon, car slipped on ice as he parked. On inspection I can see that apart from the alloy being damaged he's also got a slight tear (2cm x 1cm) in the sidewall of the tyre - just looks like a flap & it's on the bead (the raised bit?) just above the alloy. It's a Goodyear tyre, I reckon about 60-70 fitted via Black Circles. It's not done many miles - but is it a definite 'needs to be replaced' or is there any chance the tyre fitter is going to tell him it's ok if he goes to get it checked first?

He is sick...probably more so about the damage to his alloy - hopefully there is no other hidden damage, he said the impact was quite low speed.

Any comments/advice appreciated.

Cheers & A Happy New Year !
Chris Ecc
sidewall damage will mean a deffo replacement I think =/
InstructorPiggy
depends...officially if it doesnt reveal or expose banding from the internal structure of the tyre, then it is legal, howeverm reccomend replacement still.

Have the track rod checked...likely to have bent it....so a wheel alignment will show that up.

:)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615