Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCI (55) - Range Estimations stuffed!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jeebowhite
Hi All,

Before December of last year, I could top my foco up with diesel and literally brim it right to the top of the filler neck. When I start the car it would estimate the range to be over 560.

I then had a minor accident in december, no damage to the cars shell, however I did hit some debris. After the accident my range started to disappear, in a distance of 1.5 miles my car lost 7 miles of fuel, that was in a 20 mph zone. My car estimated a range of 1 mile. I topped it up with a fiver, which would normally give a good 50 miles or so, and it came out of the garage with still 1 mile remaining!

I took it to Ford the next day, and they said there was no damage to the fuel tank, (however thats not what mr RAC said when he came to see me the night before!). Anyway When ford pulled it down off the jack and gave me it back, the car suddenly said I had 63 miles to go (finally the fiver was recognised).

Anyway, the long and short is that off a full tank of fuel, I have just had to top up, I didnt even see 400 miles off a full tank. When I topped up this morning (brimming the tank again), the range suggested 460 miles?!?!?! I am no mechanic, but thats not right!

Has anyone any suggestions? My thoughts are the sensors, but I dont know the cost of replacing / re-alligning, where the sensors are or what the general cost will be?? If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it!
jeebowhite
Has anyone seen this before or is this an odd thing?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615