Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is my throttle electric or "cable" response?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jeebowhite
My mate has a bmw and he said that his throttle is an electric throttle system. the 2005 tdci zetec climate, is it a cable or an electric system?
Matt_focus_zetec
[quote name='jeebowhite' post='58667' date='Jan 7 2010, 11:46 AM']My mate has a bmw and he said that his throttle is an electric throttle system. the 2005 tdci zetec climate, is it a cable or an electric system?[/quote]

\Probably electric look at ur accelerator pedl if it has electric connector on it yes it is if not its cable

Cheers

Matt
stef123
pretty sure diesels dont have control for how much air they take, they control the amount of fuel injected so it will be electronic i would imagine.
alz
[quote name='stef123' post='59010' date='Jan 8 2010, 09:22 PM']pretty sure diesels dont have control for how much air they take, they control the amount of fuel injected so it will be electronic i would imagine.[/quote]

Yes it would be electronic, My 05 1.8 TDCI is..
jeebowhite
Thank you all, sorry for the delay, my laptop is behaving as well as my car at the moment... sods law. But thank you all!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.