Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2005 1.6TDCI injector removal/re-sealing
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Dragon6
HI all my son has a slight problem with his 1.6 Focus TDCI.After an oil change we noticed that one of the injectors seems to be blowing/puffing out fumes whilst the car was ticking over.What I need to know is, can the injector be easily removed and re-sealed where it seats at all?If so how is the injector removed looks like a clamp holds it in.The car drives A1 the only sign of this looking back was a slight smell of diesel fumes in the cabin whilst sitting in traffic..many thanks in advance
bowser71
[quote name='Dragon6' timestamp='1263245419' post='59548']
HI all my son has a slight problem with his 1.6 Focus TDCI.After an oil change we noticed that one of the injectors seems to be blowing/puffing out fumes whilst the car was ticking over.What I need to know is, can the injector be easily removed and re-sealed where it seats at all?If so how is the injector removed looks like a clamp holds it in.The car drives A1 the only sign of this looking back was a slight smell of diesel fumes in the cabin whilst sitting in traffic..many thanks in advance
[/quote]
hi there, I'm experiancing the same problem, It looks like I have 2 that are leaking, and its giving me a poor mpg too, I attempted to remove it today to see the condition of the injector to renew it, however thats where the fun began, I removed the 2 bolts, well allen screws holding the injector in position and undid the fuel rail to the injector and the electric wiring, and I could not physically remove it, it wouldnt budge. So I put it back together and it wont start now. so I have now a bigger problem. have you got yours sorted?
stef123
[quote name='bowser71' timestamp='1295738348' post='110856']
hi there, I'm experiancing the same problem, It looks like I have 2 that are leaking, and its giving me a poor mpg too, I attempted to remove it today to see the condition of the injector to renew it, however thats where the fun began, I removed the 2 bolts, well allen screws holding the injector in position and undid the fuel rail to the injector and the electric wiring, and I could not physically remove it, it wouldnt budge. [b]So I put it back together and it wont start now[/b]. so I have now a bigger problem. have you got yours sorted?
[/quote]

possibly air in the line?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615