Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear demisting/heated screen.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Steelman
[size=3][color="#000080"][b]Can anyone tell me why my rear window will only half demist? (Top half) Can anyone also tell me the cure?Thanks for your help.Regards PETE.[/color][b][/b] [/size][/b]
wellhouse0
check the connections but the individual wires can sometimes go. Had the rear hatchbach replaced and when they took the rear screen out they damaged some of the wires built onto the glass. I think you can get metal repair fluid to bridge the gap in the wire on the glass
Steelman
Thanks for that. I'll see what I can find out.Regards Pete[b][/b]
H3lly
[quote name='wellhouse0' post='60029' date='Jan 14 2010, 06:27 PM']check the connections but the individual wires can sometimes go. Had the rear hatchbach replaced and when they took the rear screen out they damaged some of the wires built onto the glass. I think you can get metal repair fluid to bridge the gap in the wire on the glass[/quote]

It can also be dirt on the glass, use a suitable window cleaner and lint free cloth.
artscot79
[quote name='H3lly' post='60207' date='Jan 16 2010, 03:43 AM']It can also be dirt on the glass, use a suitable window cleaner and lint free cloth.[/quote]
[url="http://www.toys4cars.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=39930"]http://www.toys4cars.co.uk/index.php?main_...oducts_id=39930[/url]
Steelman
[b]Had a good look at the glass & all I can see is very very small, what look like burn marks, on three of the lines. I've bought some of the liquid mentioned & I'll give it ago later. Thanks for all your help.[/b]
mickyfree
But also take into account of the current freezing/cold condition. I don't think those demister wires are capable of battling the cold moist 100%.

Actually are we able to add more wires to the current grid?
Steelman
No. I think the answer lies with a broken connection somewhere, but hey, thanks for your ideas anyway. Regards PETE
H3lly
Throw some silica gel sachets onto the parcel shelf (the stuff used in packaging). It should help keep it clear until you get it sorted. It works for me. :)

[quote name='Steelman' post='60592' date='Jan 18 2010, 04:17 PM']No. I think the answer lies with a broken connection somewhere, but hey, thanks for your ideas anyway. Regards PETE[/quote]

Full Colour Version: Rear demisting/heated screen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615