Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scraping noise
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
DeeBe
As title, the girlfriends Ka has a scraping noise from the steering wheel from lock to lock. Any ideas?

Thnks in advance, David.
DeeBe
Anyone at all? Please, it's more than a little worrying...

David.
DeeBe
Is there any particular reason I'm being ignored in this room? Have I missed something?
gremlynn
I had the same on my ka a few months back,it only lasted for a day then it just stopped.It was as if there was a bit of grit or something stuck inside scraping away everytime i turned the wheel,havent had the problem since though!.
hendrix
Hi there if this problem starts to make the steering behave strangley when turning corners it could be the Universal Joint needs replacing in the steering rack. Costs around £225 to do. My wifes old ka did the same its quite common on them after a few years apparantley.Hope this helps sorry for the late reply.
DeeBe
Thanks for the replies. I removed the cowling round the column where the hazard switch is and greased the Air Bag slip ring. Problem solved! I hope it doesn't end up being the joint then hendrix!

Full Colour Version: Scraping noise
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.