Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cambelt or chain
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
jasper182
hi i av a ford fiesta 1.25 16v 54 plate its on 70000 i need the cam belt(?) changing and when i phoned up they asked me if its belt or chain how do i know? and when should i get in changed and any ideas how much it costs thanks
stef123
[quote name='jasper182' post='60178' date='Jan 15 2010, 09:25 PM']hi i av a ford fiesta 1.25 16v 54 plate its on 70000 i need the cam belt(?) changing and when i phoned up they asked me if its belt or chain how do i know? and when should i get in changed and any ideas how much it costs thanks[/quote]

its a belt on your engine and its recommended at 100k miles or 10yrs.
DONFRAMAC
The Haynes manual for the 1250, 1400, and 1600 petrol engines in the Mk 6 and 6.5 Fiestas, advises you to do this belt change at 5 years/50,000 miles, and the other belt also. Some additional items are also reccommended for renewal at this opportunity. (belts perish with age, and often break prior to the factory-advised interval ;-- I personally know of this with Fiat and Renault, and cheap items like water pumps and thermostats are frequently changed at belt-change time.)
jasper182
brill thanks for your help am gonna get it done when i can

Full Colour Version: cambelt or chain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615