Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.4 diesel engine; Redex or not ?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
DaveG
In an attempt to ensure a recent problem does'nt re-occur (blockage in fuel pipe), i'd simply like to know if it's advisable to use redex or something better (if so what), in a ford diesel engine ?.
artscot79
[quote name='DaveG' date='16 January 2010 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1263666326' post='60310']
In an attempt to ensure a recent problem does'nt re-occur (blockage in fuel pipe), i'd simply like to know if it's advisable to use redex or something better (if so what), in a ford diesel engine ?.
[/quote]
go into any dealers and they have there own stuff
DONFRAMAC
My Ford dealer uses "FORTE" brand of diesel additive for system cleaning. There is an equivalent for petrol engines, and another specially for the older Zetec engines with sticky-valve problems. I have been using these additives since 2001, when my Rover 25 TD got its 1st service, and I queried the fuel additive. It's the best discovery I've made, for value-for-money and rapid effect.
Price is ~8.50 + VaT, for enough to treat 100 litres of fuel, or use in a low lank for a while, to clean-up an untreated engine quickly :-- look out the back window to see the black smoke clear within a few miles.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.