Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hello
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
nickyp
hello all my names nick and i drive a v reg ford mondeo zetec which has just flown thro its mot for the second year running.
vinnyvangough
Hi and welcome to the club
Jonny87
Hi!

Welcome to the FOC :)
Gazjs
Welcome to FOC Nick :D
catch
[quote name='nickyp' post='60583' date='Jan 18 2010, 03:14 PM']hello all my names nick and i drive a v reg ford mondeo zetec which has just flown thro its mot for the second year running.[/quote]

Hello there and welcome.

I had a 1994 M reg Mondeo 1.8 GLX, bought it at a year old. Spent a lot of time looking for a GLX because it had ABS as standard. They were like rocking horse muck second hand back in those days. I eventually tipped up at Polar Ford in Bradford, lured there by an advertisement of the very model. Turns out, like a lot of car dealers, advertising stock they don't have just to get you in. Where they proceeded to try and sell me one of the many LX's they had in stock.

I said nope I'm buying a GLX, but obviously not here. In the end they took me around the back, and showed me the Sales Managers car, complete with a set of golf clubs in the boot, and we did a deal. [excluding the clubs]

Ran it for 10 years, treated nothing special, just replaced stuff like tyres, battery, exhaust, brake pads, cam belt. Then March 2005 the original clutch went at 80k, but as the door bottoms were parting company from the door frames, I decided to scrap it. Only trouble with Fords they tended to rot a bit back then, better nowadays but still far from perfect. That said I've found Fords to be fairly reliable, I'm on my fifth now so I must like em.

Full Colour Version: hello
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.