Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What CAT converter?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Aaron8266
Hi guys,

i have a 1.8 zetec focus 98 plate. I need a new cat converter and front lambda sensor. While looking for the cheapest cat converter on the net i have noticed there are 2 exactly the same just one is for 98-01 and the other is 98-04. The 98-01 is half the price to the 98-04. Why is this? I read something about type approved but not sure what this means.

Can anyone help?
stef123
[quote name='Aaron8266' post='60646' date='Jan 18 2010, 07:25 PM']Hi guys,

i have a 1.8 zetec focus 98 plate. I need a new cat converter and front lambda sensor. While looking for the cheapest cat converter on the net i have noticed there are 2 exactly the same just one is for 98-01 and the other is 98-04. The 98-01 is half the price to the 98-04. Why is this? I read something about type approved but not sure what this means.

Can anyone help?[/quote]

vehicles registered from the 1st of march 2001 MUST have a type approved cat fitted.

if its because one is type approved and the other is not, i would take the cheaper one providing they are the same fitment.

Full Colour Version: What CAT converter?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615