Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Waterless car wash
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
fiesta_lad
Hi all whats the best waterless car wash product don't want to spend notthing daft like anybody recommed cheers alan.
DanGull
If you must - use Optimum No Rinse, but it's not the way to wash a car in my opinion.

[url="http://www.detailedobsession.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=111"]Optimum No Rinse on Detailed Obsession[/url]
thesilverfox
I had a valet using this stuff once. Was okay, but nothing special - certainly didn't clean anywhere near as good as a good hand wash would.
artscot79
theyre a load of c==p mate especially if youre goping to wax or polishg the car the good old bucket and spongue is the best way that waterless stuff doesnt remove all the grime
fiesta_lad
[quote name='artscot79' post='60705' date='Jan 18 2010, 10:47 PM']theyre a load of c==p mate especially if youre goping to wax or polishg the car the good old bucket and spongue is the best way that waterless stuff doesnt remove all the grime[/quote]

Was thinking that shall i just stick to bucket and sponque think i will thanks for all your replys.
artscot79
[quote name='fiesta_lad' post='60716' date='Jan 19 2010, 12:00 AM']Was thinking that shall i just stick to bucket and sponque think i will thanks for all your replys.[/quote]
the old bucket sponge and some meguiars always does the trick
DanGull
Step away from the sponge - unless it's a Zymol, and even then I'm not convinced.

Microfibre Wash mitt (or something else with a pile) is a much better way to ensure you stay swirl free.

As for shampoo - Dodo Juice: Born to be Mild, gotta be done.
bigjock
are the mitt things from asda any good? i use these and one of those brushes on the pole with some turtle wax shampoo, am i the lowest of the low?
Jonny87
[quote name='DanGull' post='60768' date='Jan 19 2010, 02:43 PM']Step away from the sponge - unless it's a Zymol, and even then I'm not convinced.

Microfibre Wash mitt (or something else with a pile) is a much better way to ensure you stay swirl free.

As for shampoo - Dodo Juice: Born to be Mild, gotta be done.[/quote]

Which microfibre wash mitt?
thesilverfox
[quote name='Jonny87' post='60772' date='Jan 19 2010, 03:37 PM']Which microfibre wash mitt?[/quote]

The ones sold in Halfords are pretty good, but 3x the price they should be. They're yellow/blue and look like strands of worms on a glove. Feel quite nice and I prefer them to lambswool, as lambswool eventually starts to moult.
fiesta_lad
[quote name='thesilverfox' post='60777' date='Jan 19 2010, 04:23 PM']The ones sold in Halfords are pretty good, but 3x the price they should be. They're yellow/blue and look like strands of worms on a glove. Feel quite nice and I prefer them to lambswool, as lambswool eventually starts to moult.[/quote]

well today has been car day wash all the outside to get all that nasty salt of done all me alloys looks brand new then done the inside smells good so iam happy now :P

Full Colour Version: Waterless car wash
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.